The well-known veteran hacker Muscle Nerd has just released a new version of the jailbreaking tool Redsn0w.
The most notable feature of RedSn0w 0.9.9 beta 1 is the firmware auto-discovery during DFU Mode which makes it possible to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch even without pointing RedSn0w to .IPSW file. So what are the other features of RedSn0w 0.9.9b1?
– Automatically determine which device and Firmware you have
– Fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once).
– Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once).
– It then caches those pieces for future use.
– “Just boot” is a tethered boot.
– Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
– “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state.
– “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (should work on iOS5 beta too)
– “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
– “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options.
– “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device.
– Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds.
– Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist.
– Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build.
If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
– “Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server.
– You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want.
– “Submit” both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia.
This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
– “Query” queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
– “Stitch” stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
For Windows users click here
For Mac users click here
I haven’t used this newest release yet but am really looking forward to it. What features are you most excited about?